Equipping disciples to be catalysts of change through a Gospel that transforms
All of the KST tracks provide a thorough grounding in theology, biblical studies, history, culture and mission. They are designed to equip you through in-depth teaching, practical studies, tailored assignments and a supportive learning environment.
All students in the first year of KST follow the same curriculum, providing a foundational grounded in theology, biblical studies, mission and spirituality. We complement this with a study skills programme, designed to give all students the skills you need to succeed with the academic aspects of the course.
Second & Third year
In the second and third year, the curriculum diversifies with core modules and four of the modules are tailored to your track.
Track Specific Modules:
- Acts and a Transforming Mission – An in-depth look at the book of Acts and its implications for understanding the Gospel, mission and church.
- Transforming Communities – What sort of churches are required to bring transformation in our communities, and what sort of transformation?
- Transforming Disciples – What does it mean to be follower of Jesus in todays world, and become disciples who make disciples? what do we mean by conversion?
- Transforming Cultures – How does the Gospel engage with culture, what models do we have, and what change should it bring?
What the Theology and Transforming Mission track gives you:
- Ability to apply theology to your life and mission
- Gospel contextualisation
- Purpose as a ‘missional disciple’, who is able to disciple others
- Understanding of the breadth of missional theology: historically, biblically and culturally
- Skills and knowledge to engage with social structures
- Development of skills in translating vision to strategy